Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Microsoft Games |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||01/10/2017 05:04 PM|
In Analog, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that is scientists 'meeting' on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. |
We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
What you'll do:
As a 2D/3D Motion Designer, you will help ideate and design breakthrough experiences and innovative solutions that impact how millions of people use our products and services every day. You will work close to the Creative Director to define and push the vision of the product.   From Research to Production you will collaborate with other designers and developers to design innovative experiences that span across all Microsoft devices.   Create all types of photorealistic, high quality effects for environments and dynamic objects that effectively communicate new feature requests to the technical artists and engineers.
You are an artist that is comfortable with multiple packages including Cinema 4D, After Effects and others. You should have a strong understanding of 3D pipeline, workflow and a working understanding of VR content creation.   Additional tools used should include storyboards and stylesheets to pitch ideas and concepts.   You should have a background of the art fundamentals including color theory, visual design, and composition.
What you'll need:
•      5 years as a professional Visual designer
•      BA/BFA in Computer Arts (game design, interaction design, computer science, graphic design) or equivalent degree or experience.
•      Passion for invention, human computer interaction, and seamless user experiences
•      A strong portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design approaches, interaction design standards and strong motion design skills
•      Familiarity with various professional 2D/3D software packages for asset content production (Cinema 4D, After Effects and others).
•      Ability to design in traditional design tools such as Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop.   Proven ability in standard video editing and animation software
•      Bonus points
•      Coding and or markup language experience to help prototype and validate experiences     Experience producing functional prototypes, motion studies, and interface models
•      Experience with photography or image editing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.