Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Microsoft Games |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||01/10/2017 05:04 PM|
Azure Compute is central in a mobile first, cloud first Microsoft. We design and build the software infrastructure that powers hundreds of thousands of servers in datacenters around the world, and provide core infrastructure services that underpin all cloud services at Microsoft, including Azure, Bing, Big Data, Office 365 and Xbox.|
We are building the next generation of highly scalable and fully automated software infrastructure for the datacenter.   As part of Azure Compute, Autopilot dynamically allocates computing resources, automatically detects hardware and software failures, repairs and recovers errant applications, manages code and data deployment, and provides a range of monitoring and debugging features.   In addition, we provide foundational services such as coordination, storage, and load balancing to enable rich application services.
We are looking for enthusiastic developers to work on the Azure Compute stack to help advance the state of the art in datacenter management.   You will work on core services supporting coordinating processes of distributed applications.   The coordination service helps developers solve common distributed computing problems, such as leader election, workload partitioning, multi-process synchronization, two-phase commit, queueing, service discovery, group membership, etc.   There are challenges around consistency, availability, scalability, reliability, security and performance.   Our team also collaborates with the open-source community on projects such as Apache Zookeeper.
This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - we ship production code weekly - where developers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to hyperscale.   It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft.
•      Fluent in C, C , C#, or Java programming languages (C preferred)
•      Passion for software quality and security. Great problem-solving skills
•      At least 7 years of experience in systems software development including one or more of the following: highly scalable infrastructure, operating system kernels, distributed systems, database engines, or software security
•      Thorough understanding of computer architecture, memory models, and algorithms design
•      Great design skills. Proven ability to create loosely coupled, composable and well-architected software services
•      Excellent communication skills and proven leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to guide a feature through multiple release cycles and influence the team beyond one's feature area
•      7 years designing, implementing, and launching commercial software products or web services, through multiple release cycles
•      At least 3 years of experience writing non-managed code
•      Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
•      Experience with distributed systems, system-level programming, multi-threaded programming, online services or open-source development (OSS) is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.