Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Microsoft Games |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||01/10/2017 05:04 PM|
Each day our world creates new technology. New devices, new apps, new services. Which means new ways to do things, new ways to connect, new things to learn. And while each holds the promise of helping us get more done, with less effort, too often they simply become one more thing competing for our scarce time and attention. That's why we need to rethink the way we make technology, and not simply make more. That's why we need to reinvent productivity. Microsoft is helping people achieve more by giving them the best possible tools for any moment.|
As a part of the Windows Device Group (WDG), the Universal Store (UST) team enables one of Microsoft's most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. Indeed, UST powers all of Microsoft's key businesses - Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Bing Ads, Windows Phone, a Windows App Store, to name just a few. Whatever business Microsoft is in; monetization will be a critical part. With a global presence in over 240 markets, close to 150 million transactions a day, and significant revenue processed monthly, UST addresses Microsoft's most challenging business problems and delivers effective and simplified system solutions.   These are mission critical, big challenges in a fast-paced, results-oriented, customer-obsessed environment.
Enterprise Commerce is the part of Universal Store that is responsible for delivering millions of transactions and one great experience for the core licensing areas of Microsoft. We are responsible for managing and designing the transactional and reporting systems that operate a significant amount of Microsoft's revenue. Our solutions support contract management, pricing, ordering, fulfillment, benefits and e-commerce across Microsoft's Volume Licensing, OEM, and Microsoft Business Solutions (Dynamics) channels.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to put their endless creativity to work leveraging agile, continuous delivery, and waterfall practices providing state of the art solutions.   This position requires extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders identifying requirements and transforming them into functional design for software engineering development.   This includes end-to-end planning, designing, scoping, managing and delivering key capabilities for Microsoft systems.   In this role, you will be a leader of delivery, strategy and direction.   Your outside-in viewpoint, excellence in strategic thinking, driving for results, operational excellence, cross-division collaboration, and executive maturity skillset will be critical to your success; as you identify trade-offs, work across disciplines and divisions, balance tactical and strategic initiatives, drive decisions, present to executives, work with partners, and get your hands dirty with direct operational experience.
This ideal candidate should have strong experience delivering and coordinating large enterprise-scale projects using software engineering best practices such as project scheduling, scenario and requirement definition, functional design, resourcing, issue/risk management, cross-division coordination and project and organization change management.   In addition, this position requires an individual comfortable serving as the overall advocate for solution design and a leader of the program management discipline.
•      Strong leadership acumen, with natural drive to lead by example
•      Executive maturity, integrity and judgment
•      Strong leadership skills
•      Excellent communication skills at all organization levels
•      Deep passion for satisfying customer needs and achieving high user and business partner satisfaction, influencing decisions for the right solutions and balancing priorities across customer, business and technical needs
•      A proven track record of successful results-oriented, solution and project definition and delivery
•      Successful experience leading delivery of solutions across multiple teams and complex integrated ecosystems and dependencies, comprising an end-to-end solution
•      Successful experience defining scenarios and requirements, and designing solutions in a streamlined, agile fashion incorporating quality in use principles
•      Able to develop feature roadmaps to enable future business capabilities
•      Able to manage and report on project financials, ensuring fiscal accountability is maintained
•      Proven track record of shipping secure, high quality software solutions on-time and on budget
•      Strong computer science foundation
•      Outstanding problem solving skills and passion to solve hard problems
•      Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences required
•      Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences preferred
•      8-10 years of work experience as a Program, Product, Solution or Project Manager
PREFERRED, NOT REQUIRED:
•      Expertise in SQL and Data Analysis
•      Ability to reverse engineer business rules through reading code
•      Background in SQL programming at the SQL or ADO.NET layers is preferred
•      Experience with n-tier architecture, web security, IIS, SQL Server, ASP.NET, and WCF
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.   All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.