Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Quality Custom Distribution |
Transportation / Freight
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Career Level:||Experienced - Non-Managerial|
|Post Date:||01/04/2017 06:55 AM|
Job Title : Driver Class “A”
Location: QCD - 9510 Rodney St. Pineville, NC 28134
Department : Transportation
Reports To : Transportation Supervisors
Who We Are
Quality Custom Distribution is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Golden State Foods which is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the Quick Service Restaurant industry. QCD has been providing custom distribution services to iconic customers throughout the United States. QCD is a multi-stop, regional delivery service with a focus on customer service. Our business philosophy actively supports our associates through our (4) core values:
· ) Treat others like you want to be treated
· ) Make the best product
· ) Give the customer a fair deal
· ) Maintain the highest standards
We do our best to continually invest in our drivers and offer career advancement and training opportunities. With QCD it’s not just a job it’s a career!
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance within 30 days of employment to the whole family!!
· $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
· 401(k) Program + Company Paid Pension Plan
· Short Term Disability
· Voluntary Long Term Disability
· Paid Holidays
· Company Provided Uniforms
· Safe Driving Award Program
· New Equipment with Lift Gates
· On-Site Maintenance Shop
· Following Department of Transportation (DOT), state, and federal regulations, drives tractor-trailer unit safely from the distribution center to all points of distribution and returns.
· Under the direction of the DOT, and Quality Custom Distribution, the driver is responsible for accurately maintaining a record of the trip on the trip records/ DOT logs.
· Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner.
· Responsible for accurately unloading the customer’s order case by case (case weights are from a minimum of 1 pound up to 75 pounds). Unload cases of product manually with pallet jack, hand truck, hook, and liftgate onto and off the truck.
· Must be able to complete assigned route within established customer windows.
· Responsible for accurately receiving product from vendors, reconciling any over, short, or damaged products, and driving product safely back to the Center. Also, responsible for verifying shippers count.
· Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed. Collection of empty totes and pallets from customers.
· Drivers will unload products inside of trailer consisting of three temperature controlled compartments. (Frozen: 0 to -5 °C) (Chilled: 35-40 °C) (Ambient: room temperature)
· Drop off ambient products in back rooms. Stock and fill chilled products into customer refrigerators.
· Work is performed in all weather conditions.
· Involves working night shifts, such as 5pm- 5am.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
· Valid CDL Class A
· Minimum 1 year tractor-trailer driving experience.
· Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance - pulling product, climb in and out of truck. Lifting- Ability to lift and/or move products on a hand truck or pallet jack.
· Flexible schedule working nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent driving record
· Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
· Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
How to Apply
Please visit our "Careers" page at www.qualitycustomdistribution.com