Show me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Caesars Entertainment |
Hotel / Resort / Lodging
Casino / Gaming
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||12/28/2016 09:23 AM|
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment. |
Job Summary: The Engineering Technician is responsible for maintaining a clean engineering environment, to assist and provide labor needed in the maintenance and repair of the vessel as directed.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two years experience in marine engineering occupation or large engineering plant demonstrating the ability to handle growing levels of responsibility or an equivalent degree from a Maritime academy or Trade School.
• Must be computer literate.
• Training and experience in management of major on-board systems.
• Knowledge of electrical principles and safe practices.
• Possess and demonstrate appropriate mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, electronic and other skills.
• Thorough understanding of all pertinent regulations and laws.
• Be familiar with plumbing, HVAC, hydraulic and electrical systems, theory, component, trouble shooting and repair procedures.
• Ability to develop and execute innovative solutions to engineering problems under Chief Engineers.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and general condition of all engineering spaces.
• Responsible for maintenance, repair and inspection of all machinery, equipment, and all aspects of the physical plant as directed.
• Log, maintain logs and report status of various aspects of the vessel physical plant, including, sounding fuel, oil, portable water, ballast tanks. Maintain proper coolant and lube levels in machinery fill and discharge tanks as directed.
• Log, maintain, and report status of various aspects of the boat's physical plant, including: Sound fuel tanks and lube oil and coolant levels in all machinery; lubricant all machinery as directed.
• Safely operates power tools, hand tools, and test equipment.
• Demonstrate management and administrative skills appropriate to the task.
• Provide labor and assistance as directed with maintenance and repairs of the interior spaces of the casino.
• Perform general machinery rounds as directed
• Know emergency duties as required in order to participate in required drills, in order to maintain a high state of readiness to respond to a fire, man overboard, collision, abandon ship, and other possible emergencies.
• Know how to safely operate power tools, hand tools, and test equipment.
• Be capable of maintaining a proper watch in accordance with Harrahs policies and procedures and any governing regulatory bodies.
• Be able to utilize computer, electrical test equipment, any electrical and/or electronic equipment for the completion of daily assigned tasks.
• Energize and secure the vessel's machinery, pumps, etc. under direction of the Chief Engineer.
• Make general inspection of the vessel for any unusual equipment conditions, sounds, etc.
• Assist the Chief Engineer as directed, including hooking up and disconnecting off-shore power, shore water, telephone and sewage lines. Assist with vessel and machinery maintenance and repairs and with casino maintenance and repairs.
• Keep engineering department inventories up to date and in neat and orderly condition including: Stowing parts and supplies, weekly inventory of filters, monthly inventory of Engineering department parts and supplies.
• Strictly adhere to all departmental, company, and governmental rules, regulations and policies with specific attention to safety and environmental concerns.
• Participate in US Coast Guard required drills in order to maintain a high state of readiness to respond to fire, man-overboard, collision, abandon ship, and other emergencies.
• Inspect regularly and maintain in good order hull compartments and void spaces.
• Any and all other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, minimum of 4 to 6 hours.
• Must be able to maneuver from floor to floor either by stairways (a minimum of 20 steps) or by escalator.
• Responds to visual and aural cues.
• Must be fluent and literate in English.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push and pull, as well as lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must have the manual dexterity to grab, grip, hold, pour, tear, cut, sort and reach.
• Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
• Must be able to work a varied schedule, holidays and weekends as requested.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must qualify for, obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
Horseshoe Southern Indiana is owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment. As the world's largest riverboat casino with over 90,000 sf of gaming action, we're located just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville , Kentucky and situated in Elizabeth , Indiana ( Harrison County ). The property is just 10 minutes south of New Albany , Indiana on Hwy 111.
Caesars Entertainment/Horseshoe So. Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
' GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH' -- Stick with Caesars Entertainment and you can go places. Just climb aboard the most progressive career building system in the industry and hold on as Caesars Entertainment helps you get where you want to be. With programs such as referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, 401-k, company-wide internal transfer opportunities, you'll have every opportunity to turn your job into something more.