Operations Coordinator - Vancouver, BC
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Market Place Events|
| Industry: ||
Education / Teaching / Admin
| Job Type: ||
| Degree Level: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Salary: ||
$38,000-$42,000 commensurate with experience
| Post Date: ||
02/10/2013 04:06 AM
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and operational support for the BC Home + Garden Show (held annually in February) and the Vancouver Home + Design Show (held annually in October) along with assisting in the general organization of systems, procedures and paperwork and onsite planning.
• Utilizing the Expocad and ACT systems in the performance of assigned duties including; maintaining accurate records of current shows and customer files. Implementation, requirements and floor plan inventory.
• Handles all list generation from Expocad for exhibitors, prospects and labels.
• Assist the show manager with P&L maintenance including copying and filing invoices before sending them to Accounting.
• Assisting the sales team in making collection calls. This includes sending all invoices and following up with phone calls to ensure timely payment.
• Updating show websites on a regular basis including resizing photos, adding copy, contacting show partners to get the appropriate information.
• Assists Show Manager with consumer and exhibitor email blasts.
• Assists Show Manager with promotion execution, monitoring, and contest ballot entry.
• Coordination and execution of ticket programs that include VIP, COMP, Corporate and Exhibitor. This included coming up with new ways to sell tickets.
• Ordering and inventory of office supplies including stationary, ink cartridges, kitchen supplies, etc.
• Assists shows manager and sales team with day-to-day operations the shows including but not limited to:
o Signage orders
o Move-in schedules and move-out notices.
o Developing contracts for all suppliers and presenters.
o Assists Show Manager to execute production of features on site.
o Assists Show Manager with facility and supplier requirements.
o Responsible for updating all show exhibitor forms and uploading them to the show websites.
o Assists Show Manager with paint orders and wall counts for features.
• Operations of Sales Support that includes:
o Handles all mailings and communication pieces to exhibitors and/or prospects with the assistance of the sales team.
o Assists with the tracking of sales pieces.
o Assists with renewal plan and execution.
o Handles Post Show Report. Coordinate with Show Manager and Marketing Team.
o Assists with sales confirmation letters to exhibitors, sponsors, etc.
o Works with Sales Team to coordinate and secure gifts and awards for exhibitors.
o Assists Sales Team and Show Manager with pre-show Launch/Media parties.
• Assists with coordinating onsite temporary staff, volunteers and rental equipment.
• Field operations calls from exhibitors and suppliers.
• Answers general inquiries regarding the various shows both in person and over the phone, from consumers, exhibitors and suppliers.
• All other duties assigned as per business needs
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills—internally and externally
• Proven proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point
• Superior communication skills—both oral and written
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to evaluate, prioritize various tasks/projects to ensure their timely and accurate completion
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.