Examines, repairs and services back of the house equipment including cooling towers, boilers, pumps, heat pumps, ventilating fans, FCU and AHU units, refrigeration equipment, kitchen equipment (electric and gas).
- Request parts and equipment needed for repair and maintenance
- Repair and maintain kitchen and pool equipment
- Monitor space and cold room temperatures
- Repair and maintain all HVAC equipment, controls and its auxiliary components
- Responsible for preventative maintenance prescribed by the Synergy System (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Repair ice machines, change compressors, fan motors, condensers, and expansion valves, when required
- Adjust pressure and temperature of refrigerators, freezers and coolers
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Specific Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school or equivalent education required
- Three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Certification required
- Certified gas Technician
- Building Automation knowledge is preferable.
- Experience in all phases of mechanical/electrical systems
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.