Director Of Animal Programs - Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Association of Zoos & Aquariums|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Degree Level:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Post Date:||01/18/2013 06:36 AM|
The Director of Animal Programs directs all animal care operations, including overseeing animal husbandry, coordinating animal shipments, maintaining animal records, overseeing exhibit maintenance, developing diets, monitoring animal nutrition, managing animal commissary, and managing veterinary care.
The Director ensures compliance with all AZA, USDA, and other regulations and guidelines, and prepares required documentation. The Director leads the Animal Safety Team (recapture team) and ensures proper training of team and administration of regular emergency drills. The Director of Animal Programs is a member of the Zoo senior staff and participates in leadership meetings, Board work as requested, and represents the Zoo to the community as requested. The Director also participates in zoo-wide planning initiatives. The position reports to the President/CEO. Direct reports to the Director of Animal Programs are Lead Keeper, Lead Show Keeper and consulting veterinarian.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing collection plans
• Preparing relevant operating policies and procedures
• Designing and implementing enrichment and training programs
• Management of purchasing animal food, supplies and materials
• Developing and implementing keeper training and provide keeper support as required
• Developing and implementing Zoo and community sustainability and conservation programs
• Supporting Zoo fundraising, external relations, event and education outreach efforts as necessary