Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME)
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Qantas Airlines|
| Job Ref: ||
| Industry: ||
Airline / Aviation / Aerospace
| Job Type: ||
| Degree Level: ||
Trade School / Certificate / License
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
12/30/2012 04:05 AM
Awarded Regional Airline of the Year for 2012 by Air Transport World, QantasLink not only operate one of the largest fleet of Dash-8 aircraft in the world, they also provide a working environment that fosters strong workplace relationships and career development.
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Qantas Group, QantasLink is Australia's largest regional airline that proudly connects regional Australia to the world with a dedicated team of highly skilled and valued employees. We have built a reputation for excellence in safety, operational reliability, engineering, maintenance and customer service.
Due to increasing growth of our network, QantasLink are looking for Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAMEs) in both the Mechanical and Avionics disciplines to perform all aspects of Line and scheduled Maintenance on our fleet of aircraft in Brisbane.
In these roles, you will be responsible for ;
- Safely maintaining our fleet of turboprop aircraft, including new generation Q400 planes. This will include rectification, receipt/dispatch, servicing, maintenance and certifications.
- Supporting the end to end customer experience for both internal and external customers
- Ensuring the compliance of all work completed by yourself and your team
- Demonstrating best practice leadership through mentoring and developing AMEs and apprentices
- Understanding the wider business implications of the QantasLink Aircraft Maintenance operation and its influence on the wider business
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships with other areas within the QantasLink and Qantas business
- Providing a high standard of work ethic that will result in the airline operating safely and on time
- Completing all documentation and reporting requirements to expected standards
- Always acting in a safe manner
To succeed in these roles, you will display :
- Completion of relevant apprenticeship and relevant Trade Qualifications (Australian recognised)
- B1 or B2 qualifications (Australian or Australian recognised)
- Current CASA Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence on either Dash 8 100/200/300/Q400 or a Group 20/21 aircraft in the Avionics categories Electrical, Instrument and Radio/B2
- Demonstrated success leading a team of multi-disciplined maintenance engineers that will carry out scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance
- Proven aircraft servicing experience of various aircraft in a line maintenance environment (Dash-8 preferred, but not essential)
- Strong level of mechanical aptitude and knowledge of maintenance procedures
- Awareness and unwavering commitment to Occupational Health & Safety at all times
- Basic IT skills including familiarisation with Microsoft package
- Exemplary communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Available to travel to different bases at short notice
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.