Conductor Trainee - Wylie
Vacancy has expired Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: || Kansas City Southern Railway Co.|
| Job Ref: ||
| Industry: ||
Transportation / Freight
| Job Type: ||
| Degree Level: ||
| Country: ||
| State/Province: ||
| City: ||
| Address: ||
| Salary: ||
| Post Date: ||
12/08/2012 08:47 PM
Conductors assure safe, on-time/on-plan train operation and movement..
• Operate various kinds of track switches, conduct train and equipment inspections, and communicate and report information concerning train movements and work orders.
• Observe, interpret and relay signals either in person or via communication devices such as radios.
• Interpret and assure compliance with signals, and ensure compliance with company and industry rules, general orders and instructions.
• Conductors must be able to lift 65 lbs.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Valid state issued driver’s license
• Must be 18 years of age
• Conductor Training Certificate (or will obtain within first 6 weeks of employment)
Training: Train Services Trainees receive approximately 6-8 weeks of on-the-job training, at which point they will become probationary conductors.
Probationary Period: Conductors will undergo sixty (60) days of probationary employment after completing their on-the-job training in order to determine their ability to work alone and unsupervised as qualified railroad conductors.
Hours and Conditions: Conductors are expected to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on an on-call basis. Conductors must be able to report to duty 60-90 minutes after being called on duty. Conductors must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions. Extensive travel may be required.
Union Membership: All conductors are required to join the union after completing their probationary period. Monthly union dues are required and will be deducted from the employee''s paycheck.
Rates of Pay: Training pay and regular pay vary based on the provisions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 JobMonkey, Inc. All rights reserved.