Cocktail Server - Lounge (Salute)
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Employer:|| Las Vegas Sands|
Casino / Gaming
Food / Beverage / Wine
Hotel / Resort / Lodging
Restaurant / Food Service
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Post Date:||11/13/2012 08:16 AM|
The LOUNGE COCKTAIL SERVER is responsible for providing Hotel/Casino guests with prompt and accurate beverage service and providing unmatched service to all guests in every interaction. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Casino Resort's policies, practices, and procedures.|
• Efficiently and accurately takes and delivers orders, possess excellent interpersonal service skills with a friendly and professional demeanor, manages multiple tasks and remain calm in very high paced and stressful environment and works well under pressure.
• Provides unmatched service to guests at all times. Proactively seeks guest service opportunities.
• Interacts with pool guests taking drink orders while up-selling and delivering high quality drink orders to the guests in a timely manner.
• Must be familiar with both semi and modified beverage club service
• Maintains assigned areas by keeping them clean and free of debris, and tracks guests while they move about the Casino floor.
• Handles cash and credit transactions accurately and efficiently associated with beverage sales and provide appropriate change to the guest based on beverage sales.
• Knowledge and terminology of beer, wine, and spirits. Must be familiar with domestic and import beers, different types of wine, brand name spirits, and garnishments.
• Provides accurate directions and information for guest inquires and is knowledgeable about all aspects of the Venetian Casino Resort services, features, attractions, promotions and special events.
. Perform additional duties as directed by management.
Job Requirements: Minimum Employment Requirements: 21 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States, High School Diploma or equivalent, ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form, interpersonal skills with focused attention to guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts, maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to VCR appearance standards, maintain consistent adherence to the VCR Unmatched Guest Service Standards, work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements: Minimum one (1) year cocktail service experience in a high volume cash handling setting required. Must possess superior customer service skills. Previous experience at a pool or nightclub preferred. Must possess brand and/or recipe knowledge and be familiar with customer ordering practices for beers, wines and spirits. Must possess knowledge of attractions/restaurants in the Las Vegas area and provided by the Venetian. Must be able to obtain a Health and TAM card. Must have the ability to speak and to listen in a public forum, basic math skills are required, and ability to handle cash and accurately make change. Must maintain cleanliness of work area at all times. Must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and have the ability to deal effectively with guests, management, team members while working under pressure and meeting deadlines. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs. Physical ability to access all areas of the property. Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.